So an email landed in my inbox recently from some data company showing me a list of the top "searched" Halloween costume ideas. I kind of had to laugh at this. It was clear that this was a list of the top "known" searched Halloween costume ideas, but really....how true is this? By now you've probably seen all the Miley Cyrus and the wrecking ball costumes hitting the social channels.
Did this company really take stuff like that into account? Well, let's list out the data and then we'll discuss what I'm seeing on the social channels. Or can social networks really have much to say in the face of good data?
Top 10 Halloween Costume Searches
Top 10 Adult Halloween Costume Searches
- Minion from Despicable Me
- Wonder Woman
- Harley Quinn
- Minnie Mouse
- Poison Ivy
- Queen of Hearts
- Minnie Mouse
It appears that people are fans of pirates, superheroes and Disney characters. Who knew, right? What will that really mean though when you show up to that Halloween party, or open the door 100+ times in order to avoid eggs and toilet paper?My guess is that you'll probably end up seeing a little more creativity than this. People are all about saving money and coming up with that unique costume that no one expects. Here are some of the top trending costumes in discussion right now (these may or may not be good ideas...we do not necessarily recommend attempting these costumes!):Add a Comment
- Miley Cyrus and Robin Thicke (couple costume)
- Miley Cyrus and the Wrecking Ball (yeah....people are going there)
- Social Media Costumes (design a Facebook profile or YouTube video image on a box, and cut out a hole for your head)
- Duck Dynasty (these bearded dudes are just way too cool)
- Breaking Bad (it's bad, no?)
- Sci-Fi (everyone's always happy to see a Yoda or Captain Kirk)
- Zombies (with movies like World War Z hitting Redbox and the continuous popularity of Walking Dead happening, this seems like a given)
But when all is said and done, you gotta have the costume you love and will have fun in. So what are you planning to dress up as for Halloween this year?
P.S. Thanks for the stats Experian Marketing Services! Oh, and check out these Halloween Coupons
for your last-minute shopping!Crystal Collins, a Savings.com DealPro, is an Atlanta local, adventurer, a health advocate and thrifty as can be. Check her out on her blog at TheThriftyMama.com.